Thursday, October 11, 2007

To my friends...

I guess I've never really understood the phrases "you're a sight for sore eyes," or "that sounds like music to my ears," but I'm starting to get it. I just got off the phone with Tami and just hearing her voice was so warm and comforting. (It's only the second time since we moved that we've actually spoken, although we seem to have a great game of phone tag going.) We talked about everything and nothing...just like we use to when I lived there and I almost felt like I was back home. In my life, I have made a handful of "best friends" who have been there in different seasons and places in my life. They are each close to my heart and I miss you all.

I'm here in a new place ("the middle" as Molly calls it...we're moving to "the middle") where I don't know anyone and it's just the 5 of us. I'm so missing my "sisters." Hearing your voices over the phone, reading your emails, seeing pictures of your kiddos...these things make my day! Thank you for becoming a part of me and a part of our lives. A part which will always be there, no matter how near or far we are.

1 comment:

Nickie said...

Love you and miss you too! And now that I've been abandoned by all my friends in Whatcom County, I can truly say that your voice on the phone is music to my ears too! :)