Saturday, October 6, 2007

The noise machine

We have noise machines in every bedroom in the house. My attempt to get the girls to sleep longer. Does it work? Only with Ellery and her naps. On Tuesdays I have to wake her up in order to pick Molly up from preschool on time. I can walk into her room with a fog horn and she probably wouldn't budge. But the second I turn the noise machine off, her eyes pop open! The girls are up at the crack of dawn (sometimes earlier) every morning. I have the machines set to timers (thank you for the idea, Tami) so they'll turn off at 7. That seems like a reasonable time (to me) for them to come downstairs. The rule...you can come down when the machine turns off. Do they follow it...nope. Well, on a rare occasion they do.

Molly peeks down from upstairs this morning and sees me heading for the coffee maker. She asks, "is your machine off?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugggh. I will have to show your post to Barry - every time he talks about moving somewhere warmer, I bring up the spider/bug thing, and he doesn't believe me. I'm sure you'll get used to shaking out those clothes, and knowing you, as such a good housekeeper, nothing sits on the floor too long anyway!