Friday, October 5, 2007

Creepy, crawly things

Wow, there are all sorts of bugs down here. The spiders are huge, not to mention that some are poisonous. Scorpions, cicadas and crickets, oh my! The bug man came today. I'm totally freaked out about the scorpions and spiders. They've set those sticky mouse traps in every room to see the "traffic patterns" and kinds of bugs we get. That sounds so lovely. Except now, we have a giant dead spider in the powder room that is stuck to a trap. That's all I can see every time I go in there. I surprised the girls haven't said anything yet! Every other day Molly says, "Mom, there's another spider." My vacuum is constantly out just because there is no point in putting it away just to dig it back out again. The bug man said to shake out any clothing that's been on the floor before putting it on...just in case. Also...look in your shoes before you stuff your feet in. Doesn't that sound like fun? We opted for the every other month package from Orkin, instead of quarterly. I'm fine with paying more money to keep the bugs away. They spray inside and outside and I guess pest control is just considered another utility down here, kind of like electricity. Who knew?

No comments: