Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Love my husband

I already did love him, but today he surprised me! I was in the living room trying to calm the masses when he walked out of the bedroom (at his normal time to leave for work) and said, "I have a surprise for you today." I looked at him, dressed in a T-shirt and jean shorts thinking...you're wearing that to work? Great, do I need to run a quick load of laundry because his favorite pants are in the wash...what? He's grinning and says, "I'm your slave today. I took the day off of work and I'll do whatever you want me to do. I'll put up shelves, watch Grady, whatever you want." WOW!!! I'm sitting on the floor (changing a diaper) in shock. He told his boss yesterday that he's talking the day off so that he can stay married longer. Despite the weekends, his honey-do list keeps growing. So...we're hoping to get some projects done that have been hanging over our heads. Tuesday is a great day to do them too, because Molly's at preschool, so there's one less kid to worry about. Joe just took the girls to drop Molly off and Ellery to Lowe's with him...Grady just went down for a nap (I hope), so I'm going to jump on the treadmill while there is peace in the house...

2 comments:

Nickie said...

What a great husband!!!! That's such a nice surprise!

Anonymous said...

this made me cry! he's one of the best huh! anyway glad things are starting to go better...hoping to see you all in the spring! much love, new friends, joe and robin stephens, Bellingham ps chrleigh is my nickname from my mom