Saturday, August 30, 2008

Where oh where could my diaper be?

The kids were happily playing in the play room, so I took the opportunity to run down to the kitchen to start dinner. A few minutes later, I hear Grady start to cry. Ok, so he realized I was gone. It wasn't the cry that something had happened, but the I-want-mama-cry, so I didn't rush back up. I finish what I was doing and headed back up the stairs only to be greeted by a naked little boy. (I love that he knew something was wrong and was trying to get my attention, I only wish he'd start talking because that would be much easier on the ears.) Ok...so, where's the diaper??? He just recently figured out how to get the tabs undone, but that usually on the changing table after I put a new diaper on. Well, I grabbed him and headed for his room, so we could get his uncontrolled fire hose covered up before we had an accident. Then I went on the hunt for the diaper. Not in his room, not in the bathroom, not in the girls room. There are only so many places a 1 yo kiddo can hide a diaper. Not in the playroom, not in the baskets in the playroom, not in the hallway. Did he throw it threw the banister rails into the foyer (one of his latest games)? No, not there. In my office, no the baby gate is up. Ok..girls??? Where is Grady's diaper, better yet...when you saw him walking around naked, why didn't you say something. "I don't know mama." Let me make one sweep back through the upstairs. No where to be found! Walking back down the hallway in front of my office door, what's that? Something wet under my bare foot? Look down, yup...drip, drip, drop, ewe, yuk! Grab towel, wipe foot, clean carpet, clean baby gate, pull gate down to get the other side...oh...there's the diaper. Dropped over the gate in the corner of my office. That'll teach me to keep him out.

No comments: