Saturday, August 23, 2008

Grady's Birthday

We finally had a little something for him...a month late. Well, we had cake for him. Our neighbors came over and the kids all swam in the pool, then we had snacks and cake. Grady had no idea what was going on, his main concern was to get ALL of the frosting off of his highchair tray and into his mouth. We had to put him in the shower afterwards and hose him down. There was just no other way to clean it all up!

End note: At 2:45 in the morning, I heard through the monitor "wimper, wimper, cough, cough".....silence. I bolted out of bed (because I knew it wasn't good) and ran upstairs to Grady's room. I opened the door to smell....cake. It was EVERYWHERE. All over Grady, his jammies, the sheets, his blanket, the crib...everywhere. Too much sugar, I guess!?! His little belly couldn't take it.

No comments: