Friday, August 29, 2008

Puke city

Ok, so maybe the title is a bit much, but if that's the case...stop reading right now. We had a rough week here at our house. Grady's cake incident...well, that was just the beginning. First Grady on Friday and Saturday, then Molly on Sunday, then Ellery Monday morning...puke, puke puke. I thought...hmm...I made it through...I feel...ok...no...wait a minute...not so ok...oh great...here goes...yup. I got it. I got the bug too. I got it BAD. After my third call to Joe begging him to come home from work because I was no longer able to take care of the kids (which is an absolutely horrible feeling) I realized I was REALLY sick. I couldn't even nurse my sick kiddos back to health. Heck, I couldn't even feed them....not that they were really hungry...but still. Thankfully Joe came home from work and took all three kids. I slept, and slept, and slept. I slept so long my body hurt. Not the good kind of deep sleep, but the kind that you wake up, roll over, go back to sleep for another hour or two, wake up, roll over, go back to sleep. I was down for about 14 hours. Two good things came of this little bug. One: I lost 6 pounds and two: I finally kicked my diet Pepsi addiction!

End note: Joe did get it a few days later. He quickly apologized for not coming home after the first call. =)

No comments: