Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kindergarten

So tomorrow is the first day of school for Miss Molly...*sigh* My first baby is going off to Kindergarten. Here in OK, its an all day event. No breaking them (or us) in with half days. I'm still not sure how I feel about this, but will let you know tomorrow after I get home from dropping her off and drying my eyes. We had her open house last night and she had a lot of fun checking things out. Luckily her best friend from preschool will be going with her, so I have a feeling she'll hit the ground running. As I'm emotionally getting ready for this momentous occasion, I'm reminded of what my mom told me about my first day of school. She drove up to the school expecting a big deal, and I jumped out of the car and ran to the front door with barely a glance backwards. I'm not sure I'm ready to let go like that. I've had her here with me at my heels every second for the last 5 years. Will it be sad that my baby is growing up? Will it be freeing to have a little more time? (Well, with 2 other little ones here, I won't have much time...probably less because Ellery is losing her playmate! =) So...check back tomorrow. I'll let you know how we did...

No comments: