Friday, August 8, 2008

What happens at our house after the kids go to bed

No...its not THAT kind of post. Apparantly we have a lot of fun around here after the kids go to bed...or at least that's what Molly thinks. For the last few nights, she's been telling me that she wants to stay up with us until we go to bed. Here's the shortened version of our nightly conversation:

Molly: Mommy, I want to stay up with you.
Me: Sweet pea, it's time for you to go to bed.
Molly: But can I stay up like you?
Me: Honey, believe me, you don't want to.
Molly: Why not?
Me: Well, because after you go to bed, Mommy goes around the house cleaning and picking up. No fun huh?
Molly: But I will help you.
Me: It's really not that fun to clean, fold laundry, and do the dishes.
Molly: But I want to help.
Me: Oh really...let's start in the play room.

Usually this is enought to send her running to bed. Not tonight. Nope...no sleeping for her. She's going to help clean. Ok. Ellery...you want to stay up and clean to, I ask??? Sure! So we all went into the playroom to clean. Ellery lasted about 10 minutes before she announced she was tired and going to bed. Molly...well, its 10:30 now, 2 1/2 hours past her bedtime, and she is still in the playroom cleaning. Sorting all the cards actually. And telling Goggy (Grandpa Pat) what to pick up. How long will I let her clean, you ask? Well, after the playroom is clean, we have some laundry to do, then some paperwork in my office...Hhmmm...tomorrow night maybe we should start on the bathrooms?

No comments: