Monday, September 1, 2008

Tag Pocket Card

Fun! I was finally able to squeeze a few minutes here and there (quite literally) to do a quick little project that I promised the MOPS Steering team I'd do. (Sorry they're a bit late, ladies!) Once I figured out the dimensions, colors and embellies...super easy to make. I'll post a quick tutorial later...after the kiddos are asleep and I have some quiet time! Meanwhile...enjoy!

How to make a Tag Pocket Card

Materials needed:
1 sheet of 12x12 cardstock for pocket (I used textured cardstock), 1 sheet of white cardstock for tag, Scrapbook paper scraps, Punch, Button, 6” ribbon scrap, Scissors, Adhesive, Standard invitaiton size envelope

Optional materials:
Sewing machine and thread, Stamp and ink for sentiment on tag


Directions:

1. Cut 1" strip off of the top of the 12x12.
2. Cut your now 11x12 colored cardstock into a 4” strips. I used my Zutter DreamKuts and made three at once. Now you have 3 11x4 pieces.
3. Score and fold lengthwise at 5 1/2 inches, to create the 4”x 5 1/2” card. I used a Scor-Pal, but you can use any kind of scorer or bone folder
4. Score and fold down approximately 1 ¼” for the front pocket flap
5. I used my sewing machine to stitch down the edges and around the bottom, but you could use adhesive, brads or eyelets
6. Cut inside tag out of plain cardstock to measure 3” x 5”
7. Trim top corners on a 45 degree angle and punch a hole for the “tag” look
8. Thread ribbon through punched hole and tie

At this point you can embellish the front of the pocket in any way you’d like. You can punch any kind of shape out of scrap paper and adhere to the front. You could print and mat a sentiment. The options are endless. I chose some punches. The flower punch was made from 2 large daisy punches layered together. I added a button to the front and slightly bend up the petals of the daisy. On the other card, I layered a punched circle with a punched scalloped circle, and then matted a button with another punched circle.

Finally, write or stamp any sentiment on the tag, insert into pocket, add your envelope!

Here is a picture of how the petals on flower actually stick up off the page!

I've never really written a tutorial before, so if I've totally missed a step, or they are hard to understand....please let me know! =)

No comments: