Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Crickets

You know the 'Eric Carle' book, "The Very Quiet Cricket?" I use to think that was the neatest little book. The girls love it, especially the part at the end, you know the part where you turn the page and cricket chirps? (Oh, did I ruin the ending! Oops, sorry!) Well, now...not so cute. See, we live in an area of the country where crickets are abundant. I seem to have one that lives right outside my bedroom window and despite the noise machine that churns out a white noise throughout the night and the baby monitor through which I can hear Grady's noise machine, I can still hear the cricket. He is a loud cricket. He chirps all night long. Every night. When I woke up at 2:30 this morning because of two little girls in my bed, I tried to go back to sleep after I returned the cherubs to their room, but no...that darn cricket. Chirp, chirp, chirp. So, I got up. And stayed up. If anyone sees me today, please do not comment on the circles that seems to be darkening under my eyes. You see, I have a cricket problem. It's been going on for a week now. I am so looking forward to the Orkin man's visit this week, because soon, I will be sleeping peacefully through the night. Now I just have to figure out how to change my husbands blackberry alarm from the cricket chirp to something a bit less irritation like a fog horn.

No comments: