Monday, September 1, 2008

Creative Activities Coordinator for MOPS

I know...shocker...me taking on more stuff to do. But hey...this is a way I can guilt free do crafts and its for a wonderful cause, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). I love this group. Actually, its how we found our church and our preschool. When I found out we were moving to Bartlesville, one of the first things I did was looks up on the MOPS website to see if they had a local group here...and they did! YAY for me. Anyway, back to my post...I have joined the steering team as the Creative Activities Coordinator for this year. A bit more challenging that I thought. Come up with two crafts a month that you can do in a short period of time for 50 women without spending a lot of money. After brainstorming a bit and narrowing down my list of crafts, I come to my biggest stumbling block...small town USA. Not a lot of options here, so I'm spending a lot of time online researching and pricing. Oh well...I do that with everything! =) We have our first meeting in a week and I'm really looking forward to it. I've spent the last few days cutting paper and sorting to prepare for the first day. I'm sure I'll be posting the outcomes of the crafts and hopefully some pictures...of the ones that turn out. If you just happen to be in the area and want hang out with a bunch of fun moms, have you kiddos lovingly cared for in MOPPETS while you eat a yummy breakfast, listen to a speaker, enjoy time with friends, and be a little crafty...we'd love to have you. Our first meeting is Sept. 8. First Baptist Church of Bartlesville 405 SE Cherokee Ave Bartlesville, OK 74003 (918) 336-6172.

No comments: