Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Molly gets glasses

Is she too cute or what? I love them on her. I was really surprised at how much of a non-issue this was for her. (It was probably more of an issue for me, who knows nothing about glasses or contacts, than for her.) I think she really likes them and has, so far, taken really good care of them. It's my understand that they might not be permanent. Apparently she has lazy eye, which kills me because one of my best friends is a pediatric optometrist (did I get it right Amy?) and I should know better. So to all my loyal readers...all 5 of you? take your kids in to get their eyes check by an actual eye doctor, not just the pediatrician. The earlier you diagnose the easier it is to "retrain" the eyes. We're hoping to strengthen her eye so that she won't have to wear them anymore. For now, all her drawings of our family include glasses for daddy and Molly, and mommy needs to figure out how to take pictures that won't "glare" off the lenses. (Any tips, Betsy?)

No comments: