Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kids Day Out (read: Mom's free day)

They have a wonderful program down here in the South...I can't believe it hasn't spread all over the world...its call Kids Day Out (or Mom's Day Out depending on the church). One day a week, for 4-5 hours, you drop your kiddos off, and get a few hours to yourself. It cost some money, but who can put a price on sanity? (It's about $12 a week per kid...so really, not that much! =) Well, I drop the Gradinator (as Silly Uncle Jimmy has named him) off this week for the the first time. I've been dropping Ellery off since we moved here...we call it her "preschool" so she feels a like a big girl, but this is a first for Grady. I'm usually racing back from drop-off to get Grady down for a nap, some days I'm lucky if I can run a quick errand. Anyway...I had a lot of little errands to run, so figured I'd try it once. Big mistake, cuz now I'm hooked! =) I didn't get quite as much done as I would have liked, but I made a little dent. Partially because I got an early call letting me know that he hadn't slept nor had he taken any of the bottle that I'd sent with him. Oh well, we'll try again next week...

No comments: