Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our Screech owl

Have you ever heard a screech owl? I'm not sure that I have, but I'm guessing I might know exactly what one sounds like. Grady's latest is this screechy-scream, but not in a bad way, per se, in a hey-everyone-listen-to-what-I-can-do kind of way. Well, as usual, I pull him into bed with me to nurse at some point in the wee hours of the morning, but this morning, I was rudely awakened at 6:00 a.m. to this awful noise (awful in an oh-he's-so-cute-but-I-can't-wait-for-him-to-get-through-this-stage kind of way), like a screech owl beside me....which lasted for an hour. I actually dozed of in between screeches, if you can believe it. Anyway, at 7, I finally figured out that I wasn't going to get much more sleep, so plopped him back into his bed, where he promptly fell fast asleep. Hmmm...can anyone say Ferber? It's time...

No comments: