Friday, January 25, 2008

Imagination

I am so impressed with the natural creativity and imagination that children are born with. Some days I think my kids have way too many toys...OK, so most days I know this because I'm the one always picking them up. Well, they proved to me that they can make "toys" out of just about anything. Tonight was the first night that my bread machine failed me. (I guess it could have been user error, but I doubt it.) We have pizza night every Friday night, so as usual, I put the ingredients in the bread machine to make our pizza dough. (Side note: it is so easy and SO much cheaper then delivery!) When I went to pull the dough out...it was just not right. I didn't have a backup plan, so we all jumped into the car and went out. Joe suggested we try a new place. They sat us in a secluded corner (What? Walking in with 2 small kids and a baby? Did they think we were going to disturb their patrons?) and left us to look over the menu. The adult menu. The adult menu without a kids section. No crayons, no paper...what is this? A nice restaurant??? Anyway...the point...the girls had unwrapped all the forks (for the mom's and dad's), had made beds and pillows out of sugar packets and napkins, and were saying goodnight and tucking them in. Then waking them up and doing it all over again. It was adorable! And creative. And, as it turns out, a great substitute for the paper menus that you can color on.

No comments: