Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ellery gets into the pool

We at the motel for the second night due to the whole movers being behind. I thought Joe could take the girls swimming this evening. Great idea, until Ellery realized swimming meant getting into the pool. (She's still scarred from the hot tub incident =) Joe and Molly were having a blast and Ellery would pace back and forth on the edge wishing she could be having fun too. Joe kept asking her if she wanted to get in and she would excited say yes, walk over to the edge, look at Joe and say, "no, I don't want to." Over and over and over. Finally, somehow, she musted up the strenght and went to Joe (with a death grip around his neck). I'm hoping to break the fear of water with her because we're putting in a pool and I'd like her to be able to actually get in it! Ellery was so proud of herself. For the rest of the evening she kept telling me about how she went swimming.

No comments: