Saturday, June 7, 2008

I am not a teacher

I've pretty much known this my entire life, so not really a surprise to me. When I was in college I knew math was my thing, well I've kind of known this my whole life too. Anyway, what can you do with math??? Teach it or keep track of it for someone else. I chose the latter and went for Accounting and Finance. Last week was another affirmation that I am not a teacher. I was asked to direct and teach a class for Vacation Bible School at our church. I gladly agreed. I'm willing to help and serve when I can, and this was a perfect way for me to give service to the church....or so I thought. Keep in mind that when I do say "teach" I'm using that term very loosely. You see, I had a class of 10 two and three year olds. So basically what I did all week was attempt to keep order and make sure no one got seriously hurt. Throughout the week, I was able to relay to these young minds some of God's teachings and words, but I'm not really sure if VBS was more for me or the kids. I think that was God's way of teaching me that I have a lot to learn...especially about patience.

No comments: