Monday, June 9, 2008

Getting the wiggles

We've had some pretty bad thunderstorms here lately. Every night before bed, the girls check with us to see if its going to storm. If it is, they usually end up in our bed anyway, so they start the night there. On clear nights, Ellery says, "I want it to thunder and lightening so I can sleep in your bed." This morning when I awoke, it was surprisingly still stormy. As I was in the kitchen making coffee, I heard a horribly loud noise. I thought for sure that one of the tractors (yes our pool in still a work in progress and no we have no idea when it'll be done) had fallen into the pool (the one without water). Then the noise kept going and I was starting to wonder if the sky was really falling. Well, I walked into our bathroom where Joe was getting ready for work to find the girls out of bed and hiding in the closet. I smiled and asked if the thunder had scared them, because it had me! Ellery asked, "Did it make you wiggly too, mom?" In toddler speak, I guess wiggly is the best way to describe the adrenaline rush you get from a scare. Yes, I guess I got the wiggles!

No comments: