Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Hutch


Let's just start off by saying that my husband has blocked my computer from being able to get on Craigslist. When he hears me say "I can do that" or "I can fix that" I'm sure he just rolls his eyes. (Could it be...just possibly...that I say that about everything!?!?) Anyhoo...Joe was out of town on business and I was perusing (read: wasting time) Craigslist looking for a few items...twin headboards, a dresser, a table, and a buffet/hutch. Well...I found one. They were only asking $200 OBO (of course I OBO'd them...and they took it!), I thought that was a pretty good deal. So when Joe got home, we grabbed an old friend/neighbor who has a truck and he and Joe headed to go check it out while I loaded the kids and went to the bank for cash. We just jumped in the car because it was supposed to be a quick 20 min over, so I figured we'd be home well before snack and nap time. Boy, was I wrong. After driving for well over a hour, we finally turned off the highway onto to some back country dirt roads. I was getting a bit nervous. The kids were already starting to whine and Grady had fallen asleep. This was not good. To make a long story short, the whole trip took over 3 1/2 hours, the kids were starving and tired, the guys had sacrificed their Saturday morning...and some of their afternoon, but...I got my hutch!



This is what it looks like now after some paint, glaze, new hardware...and LOTS of elbow grease. The top doors still need to be finished (I'll post pics when I get them on), but I love it!!! Joe thinks we should sell it...for more money of course! =)


Now I just need to find a dresser....




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Kelly. That transformation is amazing! Seriously. Well. Done. :-)