Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ellery's cheeseburger

I really try not to eat fast food, but there are those nights when you just have too much going on and that's all you can do. Last night was one of them. We were heading out to run a few errands, pick up Joe from work and get to church for my MOPS Steering meeting. On the way, we hit the golden arches for some grease, I mean food. Ellery wanted a cheeseburger happy meal (with the apples...so there was something healthy!) so that's what I got her. After our first stop, she asks me, "Mommy, where is my sandwich?" Huh, I think? What? How exactly do you loose a cheeseburger when you are strapped into your car seat? (Another thing I said would no longer happen...food in my car.) Anyway, we stop at Daddy's work to drop off his dinner and I climb into the back of the Odyssey to hunt for the sandwich. Not in the backseat. Not in her chair. Not in the cup holder. Not under the seat. Not in the trunk. (We're running out of places here.) We have to head to my meeting, so no more burger hunt. As we're pulling into the church, Ellery says, "Oh...mommy...its in my belly. I already ate it." Problem solved.

No comments: