Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another "I can do that" creation


This was a joint effort with my Uncle Rick. (See earlier postings about wall words.) This sign has been in my head (a few different versions) for a couple of years now. The original version was painted, but after hand painting the sign in Grady's room (another picture I should post) I decided that there had to be another way. And there is...my Uncle Rick. You see, he owns a business that cuts all the vinyl lettering for signs and cars and misc other stuff. Now, thanks to me and my bright (read: time consuming) ideas...he can do home decor as well! Ok, so the sign...another one of my "I can do that" thoughts. So easy, right? Joe cuts the board, I prime and paint it, then wait, then weather it, blah, blah, blah, trim, paint, blah...how many days later??? Good old Uncle Rick cut the lettering for me, so all I had to do was rub it on. I LOVE IT!!! Thanks Uncle Rick! I'll send pics of the other ones....when I get them done! Oh...and if anyone is oh-so-impressed by my handy work and would like to order words...just let me know and I'd be happy to help!

End note: The side says Laundry, or the Laundry, or wash room, or something like that in French. Anyone???

No comments: