Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Want to spice up your afternoon?

Move to Oklahoma where Tornadoes are abundant! We had a little excitement this afternoon when the tornado sirens went off here in B'ville. If it had been a clear day, I wouldn't have worried, but since its been a bit stormy, I kind of....uh...PANICKED!!! Well, not a full-blown panic, but the heart racing, adrenaline pumping, let's go hide in the bathroom type of panic. So, like the mother hen, I gathered up my chicks and we all herded into the bathroom. (During the excitement, I had forgotten to include Smokee....sorry, Joe.) I started dialing numbers. First Joe...where was he and what was going on? He, and the other CP employees were moved to the stairwells of the building. Hey, they were all there, good time for a meeting, right? Then my two neighbors, one old friends from Alaska, and the other a SAHM with three little ones as well. In the midst of that, I dialed up Betsy and Clay (life long Oklahomans...is that actually a word?) who, thank goodness, talked me through the event. Thanks guys!!! Well, after all of that, nothing to report, I'm glad to say. Just a little reminder of how unprepared I am....still.

No comments: