Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Being so scared

I can only imagine what it feels like to be so scared. Anxious is what it feels like to me now, but I'm trying to remember what it was like when I was three. We've been having a bit of weather here lately. We were having some severe thunderstorms yesterday, and as the name implies, there was quite a bit of thunder and lightening. Well, this started up during Ellery's nap. She's already let us know that she won't sleep in her bed at night while the thunder is "outside her window" (her bed is next to the window in the girls room). While she was napping yesterday there were some really loud claps of thunder; I kept checking on her, just waiting for her to wake up, but she slept through quite a lot of it. Well, I was in my office when she ran down the hall screaming and jumped into my arms. She had been woken up by the latest blast of the rumbling sky. I could feel the terror flowing through her body, but apparently, that wasn't all that was flowing. I never really knew that anyone was so scared they peed their pants, but now I know it does happen....because it happened on me. Bless her heart, she was so scared. (I have to admit, I was a bit on edge, too!) So we waited out the storm snuggling on the couch watching TV and covering our ears when the thunder roared.

No comments: