Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Redoing the guest room...

Starting this week, we will have company in town for the next 40 +/- days. Lately the guest room has become a dumping grounds for all my ebay, etsy, craigslist and sewing projects. Knowing that bed will be used soon, I've begun to clean it out. (Side note to my guests...please don't look through the closet, its a bit scary!!!) Anyway. I've never LOVED the curtains in there and let's not get started on the fact that we've been here for 2 years and there are STILL no pictures on the walls. Anyway...I'm trying to get the finishing touches on some rooms before baby #4 comes because after that...nothings getting done around here! :) So, I'm blog hopping one eve and I come across The Nester and immediately *heart* this site! After reading about window "mistreatments" I decide I HAVE to change one of my windows...and this was an easy one to do!




The iron hooks just happened to be on sale at Hobby Lobby last week, so of course I grabbed them! Can't beat $5 a piece!!! I already had the curtains, but had sewed a rod pocket into them to hang on the rod I had originally put up. Honestly, the hardest part of putting these all up...ripping out the seams! :) I already had the clippy-rings leftover from who knows what! (See honey...I really will use the things I keep!)

After I got everything up, the window still needed a little something. I was going to make a sign, but at my weekly trip to HL this week, wall decor was on sale (again) so I grabbed that cute sign and just put it up. (Babe...I'm hearing you when you say "stop making things and just buy them!"...but just this once!) I love how it all turned out...and I already have a place to reuse the curtain rod...which I'm sure I'll be posting as soon as its done!

Now I'm on to the girls valence to try another type of "mistreatment." Then I'll hit the master bath, then....oh never mind....you get it!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

SUPER CUTE!!! I LOVE the iron hangings!!!