Thursday, June 11, 2009

Uh oh....I did it...

Thank you to all of you who have sent me requests to join. I finally caved. I gave in. I joined Facebook. Don't get your hopes up for me to be attentive to my account, just know that its there! I have no idea what a "wall" is or how post comments. :) ...and OH MY GOODNESS...was I really the last person on the face of the earth to join??? I think so!!! :) So, I have some questions....please leave a comment with an answer...or helpful advice about Facebook. (See, I'm use to blogging!!!)
1) Is it ok to add people that you went to high school or college with if you don't keep in touch? Even if said schools were many moons ago?
2) PROBLEM SOLVED - How do you add a picture? (Really, I'm so up on all the tech stuff and usually really good, but a little intimidated here...)
3) How do I change setting so that I don't see every time someone updates their account or sends a message to someone else? (Or is that kind of the point???)
4) KINDA FIGURED OUT - What is "wall-to-wall"?
5) PROBLEM SOLVED - How do I change my name to add my maiden name?
More to come...

3 comments:

Nickie said...

Totally fine to add people that you have lost touch with - that is half the fun of facebook! I have several friends from elementary school that I haven't seen in years on mine! Enjoy and have fun!

Aubrey said...

Kelly....I'll just come over this weekend and show you all that stuff...much easier than typing it out! Deal?

Rachel said...

Hey Kel! I'm fairly new to FB too - but it's been fun. Part of the fun is connecting w/ people you haven't seen for years - so yes, add friends from long ago. My FAVORITE feature on FB is the ability to "hide" people. You'll become friends will a ton of people but not necessarily want to know what all of them think about the rain or Mondays....so you can select who you want to hide. In the right hand corner of each posting, when you put your mouse over it, it'll bring up the option to "Hide." It'll give you the option to hide that person, or if they've just takedn a quiz, you can just hide that quiz. I've "hidden" about 80% of my friends and ALL the quizzes (so annoying). Then if I ever have some free time and WANT to see what all my "hidden" friends are doing - I can click on the bottom of the screen to show hidden posts. Pretty slick.

Oh - and thanks for the blog pics!