Friday, June 12, 2009

My name is Kelly and I'm a multi-tasker

Really, its bad. I'm always doing more things than I should be...all at the same time. Like, I can't sit down to just watch TV, I have to be folding laundry, cleaning the kitchen or sewing. If I'm outside with the kids, I'm pulling weeds, cleaning the garage or back porch. Waiting for school pickup, knitting, cleaning out the car, or flipping though one of the gazillion magazines that are piling up. So, this is what I did at swimming lessons last night. A cute fabric flower. I saw something similar somewhere and thought I'd take a stab at it. This is for Ellery's hair. It's about 4" across and 1.5" high. Love it!!! And she's so excited to wear it. I'll get a pic of it in her hair (as soon as the smelly glue dries)! My first attempt was a little flat and part of the charm is the 3-D-ness (yes, making up words here). I hand stitched the first try and while cute, not exactly what I was after. This time I ran it through the sewing machine with the longest stitch length...MUCH easier and MUCH quicker. Anyway...love it (did I already mention that?) Going to make more. Ells will wear 'em...she's my girly-girl. Molly, I'm afraid, takes after me in the sporty-tom-boy area. Oh well, at least one of them will love it!

No comments: