Monday, February 9, 2009

What did I do today?

First off, thank you very much for asking! Well, where do I start? After I got kiddo #1 out the door, and finished getting ready and the rest of us headed for the car. I couldn't get the doors open, so after checking inside, I confirmed that my gut feeling was right...dead battery. We were heading to MOPS, so I called a friend, with a van, headed to the same meeting, to come get us. (Thank you, Jill!!!) After the meeting, she carpooled us back home. For all her trouble, I figured the least I could do was feed all the kids. So we got them fed and busy, so we could go try to jump the car. Quick question...why is it when you need a man, they are no where to be found? Not one single guy. No utility truck, no neighbor, no couple perusing homes...nada. After reading the instructions (yes, I'm one of those) on both the car AND the jumper cables, Jill and I got to work. I called a girlfriend/neighbor (thanks, Aubrey) to have on phone, just in case. After all, there are 4 small children inside my house and both moms outside dealing with electricity and batteries. (Somewhere in the booklet it did mention that the battery could explode...) Here we go, positive, positive, negative, ground, start engine, idle, attempt to start engine.....nothing. Disconnect. And again...and again...NOTHING! To make a long story short...the Honda dealership sent someone out to jump it and I took the car in while Jill stayed with the kids. Turns out my battery was just at the end of its short little life. While the car had consumed too many hours of my day yesterday (and Jill's), there is some good news...everything was surprisingly free of charge due to the warranty (that never happens to me) AND they had the car in and out in less than 15 min (also never happens!!!) Love Honda of Bartlesville!!!

No comments: