Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Never a dull moment around here...

All of you that have or have had little children in your home know that life is full of surprises. Surprises like tough questions that are asked where you have to think on your feet, finding toys in random places, kids saying things at the most inopportune times, your babies getting sick and trying to clean up with only your shirt, and, of course, other bodily functions. Yes, I left that one for last because that's what happened to me today.

Silly me for trying to get a little work done while Grady's awake. Tax season is in full swing, and I'm trying to stay ahead of the game...and get our own personal tax return done. I got a little caught up in entering donations and zoned in a bit...too much, I guess. When Grady was at my office door for a second protesting about something, I should have taken it a bit more seriously. After finishing the page I was working on, I went to find him. I walked out my office door, and what greeted me? Poop. On the floor. Assuming the cat did it, I went to find out where Grady was. He was happily playing with a toy in the playroom...naked. Where's his diaper? I still have no idea. He's not talking and I can't find it. The first thing I did was make sure Grady didn't play with the poop. Clean hands...Phew! Next...back to the changing table to get him covered again...and this time dressed. (I didn't quite get that far after his bath.) Get TP, put poop in toilet, wash hands again, look for diaper...nowhere. Put Grady down for nap, look for diaper...nowhere. Oh well, it'll show up sooner or later. Meanwhile, I hope I don't step in a puddle of pee.

Now, back to those donations...

P.S. Found the diaper. Grady so kindly put it in one of the toy bins in the playroom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't ever want to hear a snide comment about my babysitting skills again! :) Next time you come home and find that G poop'd on my watch (and went unchanged for just a few minutes), at least the biohazard is contained. There isn't poop smeared and a bundle of poop-surprise waiting to be discovered somewhere. By the way, please check my shoe... G likes to stuff things in there. That'd ruin my day in the morning to feel a squish as I put my shoe on. Gross!
LU.

Rachel said...

How come no one tells you how much your life will revolve around poop once you become a parent?

Miss you guys!!