Sunday, February 1, 2009

Can we say "temper tantrum" with two capital T's?

Oh......my......goodness. Too funny! First off, we've never had a kid throw and all out temper tantrum (believe it or not!) Maybe that's why I found this so funny? New experience? I was having a really hard time not laughing at him. So, I hear Grady downstairs just pitching a fit, and went down to see what was the matter. He was face down on the carpet kicking and screaming. He'd occasionally look up, scream, face in the carpet, kick...over and over. I turned to ask Joe what happened (we're still not really sure)...he thinks its because he got his ball stuck on the other side of the baby gate!?!? (My guess...T...I...R...E...D!) Anyway...no calming this kid down, so we just watched him for about 10 minute (I was debating getting my camera, and for once didn't!) I finally went over and picked him up, and he quickly quieted. I grabbed his bottle (yes, he's still drinking milk from a bottle) and pacifier (and yes, he still has his paci) and he wanted nothing to do with either which is a rare occurrence...that is until it was HIS choice. Then paci in mouth AND bottle in mouth. This kid is pretty good at multi-tasking, as long as it involves a paci. He can scream with his paci in his mouth...he can eat with his paci (although most times he takes it out and sets it in a certain spot on the counter so as to not dirty it)...he can shower with his paci...and now, apparently, he can drink milk out of a bottle with his paci in his mouth.

Anyhoo
...if this is any indication of what this child is going to be like going through his "two's," I just might have my hands full. Sweet as sugar most of the time, but man...he's got a bit of a temper, I guess!

No comments: