Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bye, bye to Nanny

My mom has been here for the last week helping us out. It was wonderful. I'm at the point with the unpacking, that I'm not even noticing all the boxes and bins that need to be taken care of. I was just thinking about using them as furniture. Why unpack it all? Do we really need all this stuff? I've got the essentials out, right? Plus, the movers are just going to have to pack them again next time we move. I'll just save them some time. (Sadly, we did have two boxes that were still packed from our move down from Alaska. They just added a new sticker to the box and loaded it on the truck.) Anyway...she also helped out tremendously with the kids. Although I think she was starting to get the feeling the Grady didn't like her because he kept crying. Mom...he just does that...a lot lately.

Secretly, I think she had fun helping to put things away and organize my house. You know...how its fun to go to other people's homes and clean and organize for them. What? What do you mean? That's not fun for you? (Yes, I know I have a sickness!)

Mom, thank you so much for all your help this last week! We already miss you!! The girls are talking about when we get to go to Nanny's house. And they want to drive there. Apparently they don't remember the 48 hours of "oops" that we spent driving the RV here. Hmmm...I do. Too well. Find a happy place...find a happy place...happy place...happy place...happy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the updates, Kelly, and thanks for your email today. I've been keeping up with you through Amy....so sorry to hear Grady's been a teensy-weensy bit unhappy! Will write a proper email to you tomorrow!