Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve 2008

So the end of 2008 has come and I'm sitting here in my office (craft room, really, but we call it "mommy's office"), getting ready to put the older kids down for the night and trying to decide if I'm going to spend the rest of what use to be fun-party-night-but-now-I-can't-keep-my-eyes-open-past-10:30-night trying to refinsh the hutch, or cleaning out my office. Wow...we have really turned into parents of young kids, huh?

Anyway, New Year's always seem to be the time for resolutions...change...starting fresh...a clean slate. Last year I vowed to set weekly resolutions, change 1 thing (big or small) every week, that way it didn't seem to overwhelming all at once. It worked really well until about April, when we caught a really bad cold and that took me down. (I type this as after two weeks I'm still recovering from what seems to be the worst cold of my entire life.) I think I might try this method again. Not that I need a new year to make changes, but it seems like a good time...plus...its tomorrow. =)

So...this year I'm going to take a little more time out for me. Like reading. I really use to enjoy reading, now I can't keep my eyes open long enough to get through a paragrah, or the guilt that there is a load of laundry begging me to fold it gets to me and I can't enjoy the book. I'm also going to set aside scrapbooking time. A hobby that I love to do (daydream about, really) but haven't done one bit since we moved 17 months ago...way too long to go without. And who knows, maybe I'll even take a few moments once in awhile to paint my fingernails. But mostly, I'm vowing to make the most of everyday. Enjoy my kids...my husband...my family...my friends...my wonderful life.

Happy New Year's to you all!!!

1 comment:

Nickie said...

Happy New Year! Hard to believe that it was 3 years ago that we all hung out for New Years Eve. Hope you guys are doing well. Enjoy whichever project you decided to do tonight! :)