Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm a pack rat

Admittedly, I'm a keeper...hoarder, really. I can't help it. I'm a "just in case" kinda gal. Ask my friends...if they need something, anything...kitchen utensil, craft supply, laundry item, miscellaneous gadget...I've got it! You never know when the "in case" is going to happen, right? Well, it did happen just the other day and guess what? Apparently my husband had caught me in a weak moment a while back...must have had something to do with sleep deprivation, a newborn, and moving...and I purged. I purged the extra coffee maker that I've been keeping around in case we loose our minds, throw a dinner party and I need to make both caf and decaf coffee at the same time. You know, a whole cubic foot of space in the attic that was gained by my purging that coffee pot, but it was well worth it, right Joe? So...what happened? The other morning as I was getting ready to make coffee? The carafe broke all over the kitchen. Well, I am not only a pack rat, but I'm also pretty creative and pretty handy. This little diddy is what I came up with to solve my caffeine addiction. It took a little longer than normal, but I was able to get my fix and avoid the withdrawal headache! =) My new machine arrive yesterday, so I had a real cup of brewed coffee this morning. Thanks Gevalia!!

1 comment:

Nickie said...

I just saw my extra coffee maker in a cabinet the other day and thought about purging it... but like you I thought, what if I host a party and need caf and decaf? haha!!!

Glad the new machine arived. I miss your coffee!!!