Friday, March 21, 2008

Pajama Day

I go outside to get the kids for dinner and Molly looks at me and says, "Mommy, are you still in your pajamas?" I smile and answer yes. She then says, "Gee, I wish I could be in my pajamas all day." The tone in her voice was more like the adult sarcastic version of "must be nice." Now let me explain WHY I'm still in PJs...I got up this morning, fed the baby, got all the kids changed and dressed, made breakfast for the family, put Grady down for nap, then cleaned up after breakfast, wrestled with the girls to go down for a nap, then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out my new vacuum cleaner and then testing it by vacuuming every nook and cranny of the entire house (see post about Dyson) in between fixing lunch, changing diapers, cleaning up, and feedings. So...I'm still in PJs (even now as I type this) because I have spent the whole day taking care of everyone else instead of me. But that's the life of a mommy, right? =)

No comments: