Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

AAAahhh, the holiday I always dread. You see, I'm not much of the "dresser-upper type." Never have been, never will be. Luckily, my children love it! Well, the girls do anyway... It's almost an everyday occurrence here. This year, when I dug the costume bin out of the attic it was a bit of a dilemma for me. Both girls fought over being the ladybug. Molly was the lady bug last year, so does she get it again or is it Ellery's turn? I had an extra costume Ellery's size, so decided that Molly's a ladybug again. (BTW...this picture doesn't do the costumes justice. I'm ready to get them dressed up again just for a re shoot!) But, Ellery didn't not want the costume. About Sunday (after a few days of talking up "cookie monster" I finally realized the 2 year old is going to win, so where, in Bartlesville, do you shop for a costume? Well...Walmart...but not because I would choose that store, but really, that's all there is. On Tuesday, after we dropped Molly off for preschool, Ellery, Grady and I headed for the store. Surprisingly (not) there was nothing left. Yes, I'm aware that the day before Halloween is not the time to begin costume shopping! Really, I was hoping we'd eventually wear her down and she'd be OK with aforementioned costume. Ah, no. So, my next choice was to make one. I had the plan, the list of needed items, but...once again...we're in Bartlesville and I couldn't find half of the list. (I was NOT driving to Tulsa for more stores withe a screaming baby in the car, that was just out of the question.) Anyway...we happened down the aisle with the dance stuff...Ellery took one look at the tutu and said, "I want that!" So...a ballerina she is. The second she got the outfit on, she was dancing and spinning, and oh, so adorable! And I must go and finish this post later because (big surprise) Grady is screaming his head off....to be continued! (Later that day) The whole reason he was screaming....drum roll, please...he rolled over! When I went in there, he was on his back, and not happy about it! =) So on with my boring Halloween retelling....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nickie said...

What's with cutting Joe out of this picture??

Hope that you had fun with your friend!