Monday, June 28, 2010

The project

The short version....I spray painted the wooden plaques.  I painted both sides so that when the kids grow and their toy stash changes, I can use the other side.  After the paint dried, I used my handy dandy crop-o-dile to punch holes in the wood.  (Yep...it goes through that too!)  I then took a brown antiquing stamp pad to the edges.  Choosing the font was tricky, because the had to be bi g enough to read, but narrow enough to fit the longest word in between the holes.  (Yes, in hind sight, I should have used a font a little less similar to my own handwriting.)  Put the vinyl in the machine, had it cut the letters, removed the part around the words,  then applied the transfer tape.  Cut out each word then applied it to the wood.  Removed the transfer tape and voila!  I used jute to attach them to the baskets. 

We have 6 wicker baskets and they are are done. Now I need to tackle the red plastic bins on the upper shelves.   Will post a completely picture when the room is done.

***Please disregard the toys that have been cleaned up shoved under the shelves by my children.  For some reason they don't think that I can see them.

No comments: