Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This is what I did yesterday in my "free" time...

I made this shirt for Molly. Love it!!! Well, I didn't knit the shirt, that came out of her drawer...I just added the flower to it. I bought the polka dot fabric for a onsie that I sold on etsy and I thought...ooohhh, sunflower. Perfect. The yellow fabric were some scraps that I had in my scrap bin. (See...packrat...comes in handy!)

You see, now that Molly is in kindergarten, I realized that keeping her clothes free of rips/stains/tears/holes/paint is nearly impossible! She is going through the knees of her tights, ripping and staining shirts, and tearing holes in the knees of her pants. I decided that I'm tired of buying nice clothes for her to ruin. Instead I'm sending her to school in jeans pants and t-shirts. But plain won't do, so I'm going to add a little something to the plain shirts you can get from Target. They come in lots of colors, so I'll have a lot to pick and choose.

Anyhoo...because I need more to do, I'm thinking about selling these as well, along with other shapes that I've collected...holiday stuff like Christmas trees and ornaments, 4 leaf clovers, pumpkin and candy corn (a bit late for that!) and your everyday things like butterflies, flowers, and birds. Now I just need to work on some boy stuff! =)

No comments: